Monday, July 5, 2010

Book Buyers Anonymous Book Ban




Hello. My name is Jenna, and I am a book buying addict.

Lately, I've been realizing how much I spend on books that I never even get around to reading. I NEED to buy books more than WANT to, and it has become a problem. I need to take a break from acquiring more books and enjoying the MANY books I own and haven't read. That is why I decided to join Book Buyers Anonymous Book Ban, started by Tara at 25 Hour Books, for the month of July.

I have a problem, and am obviously trying to get help with it.

However, there are a couple rules I have for myself, so it's not an all-or-nothing situation (I'm not strong enough to quit cold-turkey).

1. I can acquire books from contests and/or giftcards, since I am not actually paying for them with my own money.

2. If a book is under $3.00, I can get it. (This rule is just in case I go to a garage sale and find a book I like. I don't plan on ordering any books at all this month).

3. If the book is a present for someone else, like a birthday gift, it is okay to buy it.


It would be great if you decided to join the rest of us in this fun AND CHEAP book ban.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining!!

    You're right the key is only buying books that you really want :) I'm hoping to get some posts up this week that give tips on curbing the urge to buy books (if you think of ideas, let me know!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - love this post. I have this problem just a little too ;)

    I also and addicted to getting books from my library - even when i have pile and piles of books in my TBR pile @ home, I'll pick up ten more...

    ReplyDelete