Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Summer Reading...

...No, not the good, light, campy literature that always seems better during the summer, while your laying out in the sun by the pool or beach. What I'm talking about is what my AP English Literature and Composition class is making me read during what should be my day's of freedom. Sigh. I signed up for this class, though, so I really should have no room to complain.

Anyways, the two books (there's more than just reading, but I'm not even going to get into that.) that I have to read are: The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck and The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.




The Great Gatsby




The Grapes of Wrath


So, someone lie to me and tell me that not only am I going to love reading these books, but I'll also love analyzing them to death.


5 comments:

  1. I read The Great Gatsby. It was okay. I hope you like the books. I read Of Mice and Men and that I really liked, it is also by John Steinbeck. I'm quite happy I don't have required reading over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, when I said also, I was talking about Grapes of Wrath. Not Great Gatsby. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually liked The Great Gatsby when we read it in American Lit. I haven't read Grapes of Wrath, though, so I can't really say. Happy summer reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gonna love reading those books. And you will also love analyzing them to death.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha your gonna hate it! Everyone who read The Grapes of Wrath hated it BUT I heard the great Gatsby was good. Thank god I'm not in AP English!

    ReplyDelete