Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday Favorites!

Yeah, I know, I forgot to post this last Friday. Truth is, my laptop charger has been broken for the past month. So, that means the only computer access I have is at school. I ordered a new one, but they still haven't sent it. I could go on a whole rant about that, but I digress.

So, this weeks favorite is:
Love, Rosie by Cecila Ahern

Summary (off of Amazon):

"Love, Rosie is the amusing story of Alex and Rosie, best friends who grow up together in Ireland and stay close throughout cross-continental moves, marriages, parenthood, family dramas. and professional triumphs. Friends for close to 50 years, the potential for romance between the pair is always under the surface, yet never seems to find the right time or place to become a reality.

Love, Rosie is written through a series of notes, letters, IMs, e-mails, and text messages between the two protagonists and their various friends and family members."

Sort of like The Year of Secret Assignments, One of the main attractions, to me, of this book is the fact that it's written through notes and letters. I dig books like that. I also am just in love with the characters in this book. They each are so unique and special, and even in the best books, those are hard to come by. Plus, it's just so funny. I cracked up may times in the one day it took me to read it.

Seriously, if you've ever been intrigued by a book written in only letters, etc. you should definitley try and pick this one up. You won't regret it.







No comments:

Post a Comment