Thursday, June 2, 2011

Book Review: F in Exams by Richard Benson

F in Exams: The Best Test Paper Blunders
by Richard Benson
Paperback
127 pgs.
2008

Summary:

We've all been there. You've been studying hard, the day of the BIG test arrives, you turn over the paper, and 'what the *&%@ does that mean?!'

Not a clue.

This book is packed full of hilarious examples of the more creative ways that students have tackled those particularly awkward exam questions.

Review:

With only five days of high school left, and a spate of finals right around the corner, I needed to read something to help calm my nerves. As soon as I spotted F in Exams, I knew it was exactly what I was looking for.

The book is a short collection including very real and very wrong (but laugh out loud hilarious) answers in a variety of subjects, including Chemistry, Biology, History, Math, English, and more. The student's answers will have you chuckling at their wittiness and cleverness that I would have marked as correct if I was their teacher. One of my favorite's was the following excerpt from the Psychology section:

Question: Describe what is meant by "forgetting."

Answer: I can't remember.

If you're looking for something quick, light, and hilarious to read, F in Exams is the perfect book to pick up. It is chalk full of witty answers that will have you laughing to yourself. Trust me, it's the perfect books for students, teachers, or anyone that could never find x in a math problem.

1 comment:

  1. Dunno if you're a witer, yet, if God’s the Dealer, we’re mere poker players, able to ‘roll-the-dice’ with FAITE ACCOMPLI, come what may; nevertheless, you’ll loooove our exploded plethora of produce which’ll plant the seed for YOU to grow to great heights!! PROCEED AT YOUR OWN WISK:

    Greetings, earthling. Not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like for us if ya believe/accept: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most extra-blatant, catch-22-excitotoxins (fluent-in-sarcasm), guhroovaliciousnessly delicious, pleasure-beyond-measure, UltraIdyllic, FirepowerAddiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué, eternal-real-McCoy-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-rrrock’nNsmmmokin’-hot-deal: PLEASE KEEP HANDS/FEET INSIDE THE WIDE UNTIL WE MADE A CIRCUMFERENCE OF the OUTSTANDING, NEVER-ENDING, THRILLIONTH-RED-MARKER-POSSIBILITIES …with eXtra eXciting eXtroverts!!! Puh-leeeze meet me Upstairs. Do that for us. Cya soon, girl…

    PS “It is impossible that anyone should NOT receive all that they have believed and hoped to obtain; it gives Me great pleasure when they hope great things from Me and I will always give them more than they expect”
    -Our Lord to Saint Gertrude

    ReplyDelete