Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (3)



Hold Still by Nina LaCour

Pub. Date: October 15th, 2009


Summary: dear caitlin, there are so many things that i want so badly to tell you but i just can’t.

Devastating, hopeful, hopeless, playful . . . in words and illustrations, Ingrid left behind a painful farewell in her journal for Caitlin. Now Caitlin is left alone, by loss and by choice, struggling to find renewed hope in the wake of her best friend’s suicide. With the help of family and newfound friends, Caitlin will encounter first love, broaden her horizons, and start to realize that true friendship didn’t die with Ingrid. And the journal which once seemed only to chronicle Ingrid’s descent into depression, becomes the tool by which Caitlin once again reaches out to all those who loved Ingrid—and Caitlin herself.

This is the type of book I drool over. I love angsty books. I love stories of friendships that aren't all rainbows and butterflies. I love reading about the coping and moving on process. Alot of people like to read books that are fun and happy (I do, too!), but I also like to read things that are a little darker with some deeper emotions.

2 comments:

  1. I love books like this as well. Your reason for wanting to read this book is exactly mine as well. It was like reading my own thoughts haha. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound good. And oh man, the cover is gorgeous!

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete